1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Didn't have a rom when i wiped to flask one, please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by camcardshark, May 23, 2011.

1. camcardshark

camcardshark Newbie

I was following a youtube video following the steps, didn't realize i needed to download a ROM before i wiped the phone. I tried to reboot to download a ROM and its stuck on the HTC screen.

Please help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Inspire4

Inspire4 Well-Known Member

Are you already rooted?

3. camcardshark

camcardshark Newbie

4. Inspire4

I've flashed a couple of ROM's to my phone so by no means am I a expert but I would think that if you already have CWM then you could just take the SD card out and put it in a adapter and put it directly into the SD card slot on a computer and put the ROM and other files you need on it then put it back into the phone.

5. camcardshark

camcardshark Newbie

so if i do that and put it back in my phone it should restart without a problem? cause i have already tried a battery pull and it just stays on the start up screen, even tried changing the sd card and everything...no help

6. Talderon

Talderon Android Expert

Here you go.

Download the ROM you want onto your PC.
    Reboot your phone while holding Power + Volume DOWN with the USB Cable connected to PC.
    Go to Recovery (I am hoping you have Clockwork Mod Recovery already flashed at this point)
    Go to Mounts and Storage
    Mount USB Storage (Guessing here, but it will be something like this)

This will mount the SDCard as a flash drive.

Copy your ROM.zip file to the drive.

Exit the menu when done copying and it will unmount the card.

Go back to the front menu and go from there to flash a zip.

This should do it for you. :)

edit: corrections - Thanks camcardshark and dots :)

7. camcardshark

camcardshark Newbie

OK im not home yet i will try this when i get there, but does it matter i have already tried to do the power + vol up restart and it didn't work?

8. camcardshark

camcardshark Newbie

it wont reboot< it just vibrates 3 times and then a orange led light flashes, screen remains black

9. camcardshark

camcardshark Newbie

ok it worked when i used the power + vol down button into hboot and it restarted just fine!!!

10. dots

dots Android Expert

Just wanted to post this for reference for those that do not have micro sdcard adapters.

In CWM go to Mounts and Storage > Mount USB Storage will allow you to mount your sdcard to your pc to transfer files and such like you would normally do in android.

11. Talderon

Talderon Android Expert

Sorry, it is VOL Down + Power.. I have been working on my brothers Prevail to help root it and his is VOL UP + Power... >.< LOL!

12. Inspire4

I only posted the alternative way because from the sounds of the way the phone was locked or stuck on the HTC screen trying to mount it as USB storage with the SD card still in the phone would not have done any good since they were unable to get past the HTC screen meaning they couldn't get to CWM.