1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Diet planner

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by nxylas, Nov 9, 2014.

1. nxylas

nxylas Lurker

I am currently trying to lose weight. I have looked for an app that will help me plan my meals, but got a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of diet apps out there. I thought I would ask here to see if anyone had any recommendations. My ideal app would allow me to select only the foods/ingredients I actually like, and my desired calorie intake, to get a plan featuring healthy meals that I will enjoy eating, instead of it feeling like a punishment. Does anyone know of an app like that?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I use Noom Coach. Well it doesn't really let you choose ingredients, but it gives you a calorie counter, against which you log whatever you eat that day. It follows the volumetrics ideology, where it doesn't matter WHAT you eat, what matters is HOW MUCH you eat. You can eat anything you like, as long as you don't go beyond the allotted calorie allowance for the day. So far it works. You can set it to easy mode to lose weight slower and have a bigger calorie allowance, or to lose weight faster and have a smaller one. I've set mine to lose like 100g a week, and so far over the last 7mos, I've lost 6kg (sometimes I go over, but usually I eat less than the calorie budget I was given). I also has a built in pedometer and exercise tracker. It's the closest thing you can get to S Health without buying an S4 or newer Samsung device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wsl.noom&hl=en

codesplice likes this.
  3. DomingoLewis

DomingoLewis Newbie

I am using MyFitnessPal and it's free! When you add your personal stats (height, age, sex, weight, target weight and so on) the app will work out how many calories you can consume each day to hit your target in the timeframe you specify. You can also record your daily activity such as your workouts and exercises.

4. nxylas

nxylas Lurker

Thanks. Sounds like it's worth checking out.