1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Diff between MyBackup-Pro and MyBackup-Root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by (G), Feb 28, 2011.

1. (G)

(G) Android Expert

I've got both MyBackup-Pro (paid for before my root days) and MyBackup-Root. Is there any difference between the two?

I noticed when I run MyBackup-Pro, I get the "Superuser permissions have been granted" notice, so I assume it's backing up the same things as MB-root.

But is it? Is there a difference? Which one should I be using?

Advertisement

2. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    WI
    I was using MyBackup Root, simply because it was free. But it wouldn't let you restore backups from another device. I smashed the screen on my phone and had to get a replacement, and it wouldn't let me restore the info from my original Droid.

So, I purchased the Pro version, and it recognized I had root access. I am 90% positive I had all the features of the Root version on the Pro one.

3. (G)

(G) Android Expert

I just found my answer in a completely different thread. According to the MyBackup Pro product manager:

The Root version is the same as the Pro except it will work on only 1 device, and no Online operations.

It is a Free application for Root users, because all of them want a reliable backup application that will save their data, and just as important, time!