1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Difference between 1.04 and 1.05 hboot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trapperjohn, Aug 29, 2011.

1. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Well-Known Member

Hi,
    As per topic Since I have seen 2 versions mentioned thought someone might ask so figured it would be me for now :)
    Thanks,
    Bryan

P. S. Posted new topic since I think I was making a sticky go off topic :)

scotty85 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

The 1.05.0000 hboot will be included in the GB ota.

most notable difference is that it will include HTC official unlock support(as indicated by locked across the top) :)

both are exploitable with revolutionary,so wich you have doesnt matter much.

[​IMG]

3. superstretch

superstretch Well-Known Member

Haha I wonder how likely it is that the people at HTC found out their work is now done for them and they'll just refer people to revolutionary instead of developing their own unlock tool..

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Very unlikely. They likely have already developed their own tool and they want to be able to easily tell who has unlocked so they can not honor warranties if need be. Their tool is more than likely the same thing as revolutionary but will get your serial # put on a list of "unlocked" devices.

5. scotty85

this is exactly correct. some more info here: Welcome to HTCdev

as youd expect,unlocking the bootloader may void all or parts of your warranty,and the site does pretty strongly reccomend agaunst doing so.

[​IMG]

basically,youre going to use fastboot to get a special "id token"(this is what the pictured bootloader contains) wich is submitted to htc. they provide you with an unlock key and commands to use it. so the process will involve having ADB set up and working,and will require a somewhat advanced knowledge.

keep in mind that it does take a fair amount of R&D for htc to do this,so just because they have given support in the new bootloader,doesnt neccesarily mean that well ever get support on the developer website. not that it matters much,youd have to be pretty silly to do that rather than running revolutionary ;)

its pretty cool that theyve put the bootloader in place,but i dont think theyll worry about a key for a device thats been out a few months and allready been cracked wide open :eek:

trapperjohn likes this.
  6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I actually thought about that too. I don't expect them to actually implement the unlocking feature for the bolt unless it is standard for all HTC phones. With a tool like Revolutionary I can't see why anyone would bother with going thru the process as well. It will be interesting what happens with devices like the Vigor, will the rooting community search for a way to crack it or will everyone just let HTC know they don't care about the warranty?

7. scotty85

i dont think we want to give up our warranties. :eek: hopefully the community remains as diligent as it has been about finding the exploits. further,hopefully the exploit currently being implimented by revolutionary will remain on the vigor and other such bad ass htc phones as they come out :D

to more directly comment,id be pretty surprised if the community gave up its drive to crack and just used the htc unlock.

McLabia likes this.
  8. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I hope you are right, I can easily see some people figuring it would be easiest and safest to just get the key. I may consider it myself if they gave some sort of incentive like knock the price down some because they know there is no warranty to service.

9. scotty85

I'm actually fine with voiding some mfg warranty. As long as the standard "$90 replacement no matter what happens" applies. It shouldn't matter if I pay the monthly premiums weather I kill it with a bad hboot flash or drop it in the toilet,lol. As long as the hardware holds out I'm confident I can not screw it up by rooting :D

10. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I'm an adjuster for an insurance company, they would have to call it something other than insurance to not cover root related losses, before I sign up for it I review the policy and if they were to include some BS exclusion phrase about root there is no way they would get premium from me, there are other companies that would cover it no questions asked. That is part of why I get annoyed with people telling others if they are using insurance for a replacement to just say the phone was stolen and get a replacement, insurance covers stupid if it didn't I wouldn't have a job :D

trapperjohn and scotty85 like this.
  11. scotty85

awsome,and inside scoop from an insurance adjuster :D

having been in retail for most of my working career,i can understand why they void all/parts of the warranty if you unlock it,they shouldnt have to replace a product that the consumer effed up himself.

it would be sweet if you could just take it out of the box,turn it on and boot into an s-off bootloader,but they do have to make a profit if they are to stay in business and keep making phones.

reading thru other threads where folks claim to be on their 2nd,up to 5th or 6th TB i just have to wonder... did all these really need replaced? im still on my first one. there are gonna be some people who will want to send their phone back every time a rom flash goes wrong if they could,lol.

12. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I think a lot of the replacement phones were due to that crappy MR1 OTA

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews