1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General difference between exchange and ms exchange active sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wigl301, Jul 14, 2016.

1. wigl301

wigl301 Lurker
    Jul 14, 2016

Jul 14, 2016
    Hi Guys,

My phone battery is terrible and often feels uncomfortable to hold as it gets so hot.

Under the battery usage screen it is always android core apps that are causing the problem.

I think the problem is that I have 6000 contacts on my outlook and am syncing emails over the past month - and I get a lot of emails.

When I turned off sync the problem went away so it seems that it is definitely this.

I've gone through settings > accounts and found a couple of apps that seem to be duplicating the same job. For example both Outlook, Exchange Active Sync and Exchange all had the box ticked to sync my contacts and emails.

I have disabled Outlook now but found that if I disable exchange or exchange active sync then my emails stop working. It seems that both need to be working in order for my emails and contacts to sync which doesn't really make any sense having two jobs doing the same thing. Anyone know anything about this?

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.