• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Difference between Galaxy ROM and Behold ROM

vision27

Lurker
May 11, 2010
Hey guys, i just got a behold II so i decided to join the forums.

First off thanks to BH_MAN for all his hard work.

I have succefully rooted and flashed my BH2 but i was in a rush to use my phone and i didnt take the time to see which rom would be better for me so i went ahead and flashed the galaxy rom but what im trying to figure out is what are the main differences between the two roms... i tried reading around but i couldnt point out the main differences.

If anyone can help me out that'd be great :)

Oh and btw does vibrate work on the Behold 2 ROM?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:
I also see that the galaxy rom has a kernel update by BH_MAN, but i have no clue on how to update it.. any help?

Thanks, exactly what i was looking for.

Which one is considered better? because the way i see it galaxy rom is faster and better battery oposed to having the vibrate working.

And what is the benefit of updating the kernel? Because i dont want to have everything erased and reflashed.. or is there a way to update kernel without loosing everything?

Upvote 0
* Stock rom: vibrate working, better camera app but slow, and battery life is terrible
* Galaxy rom: fast, great battery life, vibrate doesn't work, camera app has very few options.
* Both rom have wifi issue and sleep issue
* update kernel: Using ODIN, load .ops into OPS and kernel.tar into PDA, and flash

The battery life is just dandy on stock rom if you ask me.. It may not be as great as Galaxy but its still better than Behold 2 with no custom rom

wifi isn't necessarily an issue either all you gotta do is change the wifi sleep policy and boom problem solved.

Reactions: vision27
Upvote 0
One other thing:

The Galaxy ROM uses stock Android UI, apps and menus.

The Behold versions of the ROM use the Behold style Notification Bar (IE: WiFi, Bluetooth, etc), as well as the Behold version of common apps (Dialer, Contacts, Camera, WiFi searcher, etc)

Of course, Factory 1.6 is full on Behold II, complete with all TouchWiz features, including the Cube.

Reactions: vision27
Upvote 0
@tritran
Your either wrong or i did something wrong because i did what you said and it reset my phone (everything gone)

So since i didnt have anything to lose i flashed the behold 2 rom just to check it out

@2FR35H
I am not so sure about the battery to me it seems to be dying wayy faster than the galaxy rom, and yea i wasn't having wifi issues with either rom.

@psz
I see what you mean, and its hard for me to pick which interface i like more.. the galaxy is too simple while the behold rom is too "bulky"

But yeah atleast now i've tried both roms and i clearly see the difference, anyways thanks alot guys been great help.

Upvote 0
@tritran
Your either wrong or i did something wrong because i did what you said and it reset my phone (everything gone)

So since i didnt have anything to lose i flashed the behold 2 rom just to check it out

@2FR35H
I am not so sure about the battery to me it seems to be dying wayy faster than the galaxy rom, and yea i wasn't having wifi issues with either rom.

@psz
I see what you mean, and its hard for me to pick which interface i like more.. the galaxy is too simple while the behold rom is too "bulky"

But yeah atleast now i've tried both roms and i clearly see the difference, anyways thanks alot guys been great help.

Well it depends on what you have on your phone like No Twiz apparently is better battery because with the same apps I run out of battery less according to Linpack for android.

Upvote 0
How can it reset your phone? Actually, before i flashed kernel, i backup everything; however, after i finished, i realized that everything was still there. And i didn't need to backup

If you're using A2SD, you will not lose your apps since flashing a new ROM only wipes out the phones internal memory. I have A2SD so I never lose my apps. I use SpriteBackup however to backup my system setting and preferences. Once in a while, I do have to uninstall and re-install an app for it to register that you have it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones