1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Difference between JF6 and JH3/JH2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wesc011, Sep 12, 2010.

1. wesc011

wesc011 Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Can anyone explain this? Ive heard that there is a difference between the JF6 firmware (which is what I have) and the JH3 or JH2 firmwares. Does one offer better performance? Which is newer?

Advertisement

2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    Samsung releases/leaks diferent test firmwares. The issues is they are all tests not official. Better to have the dev community try and find the bugs than wait for a group of 10-20 samsung devs working on many phones to find the bugs... Windows mobile does this. As for which one, you have to decide that for your self. There is always a lot of info on each at XDA

3. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Some say it improves the lag a bit and GPS as well. But it does create a GPS log which is quite annoying (can be disabled).

A new one was just released this weekend - JH7.

As I don't really have many issues at the moment, I am still on stock JF6 until Samsung releases the official fix.

4. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    All the newer Roms remove the "PC Internet" connection as well. So expect to see that go away.

As mentioned above, these are leaked developer builds - somethings are better, some are not.