• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Difference in sense & aosp

Still new to the droid community I have only flashed sense roms, or so i believe.
thinking of trying an aosp one, could someone suggest a stable, fast & customizable one without using things like ADWlauncher?

& also what is the main differences in the two?

Help Appreciated!

Definitely try CM7 (CyanogenMod7), VERY stable and VERY fast.

The main differences you'll notice are in google/social network integration (ie- it's not as seamless when linking everything to Facebook or Twitter and whatnot). There is a ROM on the downloads page that is actually a combination of Sense and AOSP, you might try that out.

Side-note on AOSP ROMs, make sure to DL and Flash GApps so you can get the market, g-mail, google maps, all that good stuff.

Upvote 0
Still new to the droid community I have only flashed sense roms, or so i believe.
thinking of trying an aosp one, could someone suggest a stable, fast & customizable one without using things like ADWlauncher?

Help Appreciated!

I personally like the MIUI rom and as of right now CM7....MIUI is pretty stable and fast...and customizing is just insane...there is so much you can do with the features in that Rom...the thing with that rom is that everything you download, it puts an icon right on your screen...its not like the sense roms where you have to add it yourself....

Main difference between the two i think is AOSP is a basic rom...you dont have any of the sense features you may be used to in it...however you can still get vvm, market, maps, and such.....they are considerably fast along with having lots of internal storage space and running free ram space..

Upvote 0

Help Appreciated!

well if you are going to try aosp roms, you will need a launcher of some sort like adw or launcher pro. aosp roms have sense removed so you will not get any of the sense widgets that some people like, but those launchers have similar widgets added. cm7 has always been my favorite, but there is deck's(i have not tried it yet)gingerbread rom, kings has an aosp rom out that is pretty good (though cm7 is the base for his rom).

the main thing with aosp roms is that they may need a little more tweeking then sense roms. you may need to do the The GPS Fix and you need to flash the gapps file seperately (you need this to get the market and other google apps) i have added the latest gapps file in the rom/kernel sticky. it also has the vvm apk added as well.

Upvote 0
just to throw out a lil example as far as battery life.....im using CM7 right now with a tiamat kernel and v6 supercharger script and as of right now it has been 17 hours since i unplugged my phone from the charger and i still have 70% battery left....thats with light to moderate usage....just phone calls, emails, texting, etc....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones