• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Differences between Sense and Senseless ROMS and are there any Senseless ROMS that don't lose 4g?

As far as I know sense is a must for 4g. I'm only just messing around with senseless roms, the first being cyanogen nightly builds and miui. I used miui all of thirty minutes before knowing I can't use it anymore. With cyanogen however, wow, gosh, if I had dedicated home internet, i very well might stick with it, but the dialer not having contacts and recent calls on the same screen really sucks for me. Cyanogen 6.1, i think, is the nightly base? I'm not sure. It is superfast. I also really love the radios in the notification bar, but miui for all its faults had every setting that I can get to with switchpro widget available in the notbar. orientation, data, sound, brightness, i would KILL for that in myns warm 2.2

Anyway, i hear cyanogen is messing with 4g and has it working but it isn't released to anyone. There are battery or power issues, i think, before s/he (i'm not sure) can call it stable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones