1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Different keyboards for different applications possible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hurricane350, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Hurricane350

Hurricane350 Newbie

Apr 16, 2010
    I put Swype on my EVO and I absolutely love it! The thing is while I love Swype for texting, Facebook, and email... I really would prefer to use the stock keyboard for browser entry. The reason being the stock keyboard has a couple things I miss with Swype. Namely the cursor arrows (necessary with the EVO w/o a trackball) and voice search.

So is there a way to set the default keyboard for Web, be stock while Swype would be default for everything else. Please tell me this is something I can accomplish....

Yes, I know I can long pause to switch keyboards on the fly, I was trying to set default keyboards for diff applications.

Advertisement

2. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Android Enthusiast

Apr 19, 2010
    Nope you can't do that

To get cursor arrows on Swype, swipe from the swype icon (with an i in a circle, lower left) to the SYM key.

3. Hurricane350

Hurricane350 Newbie

Apr 16, 2010
    Well that just sucks... Btw, thanks for the tip on Swype but that cursor only moves around a web page. I need it to move from character to character to correct misspellings I make....like the Sense one does. Oh well, hopefully Swype will make a custom version for our EVO's

Tags: