1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Different Notification Ringtones

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by VolcomStone, Aug 3, 2011.

1. VolcomStone

VolcomStone Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    Is there a way that I can have different ringtones for everything that uses notifications? For example my text messages, picture messages, ebay app, and some other apps all have the same ringtone. I would like to have different ringtones for everything from apps to missed calls to text messages. I am coming from a blackberry where everything had its own sound and was easily identifiable.

Motorola Droid X2
    OS Version 2.3.3

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question as this is only my second day with Android

Thanks in advanced for any input!

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Welcome to AF.com. In general, you have notifications for system (emails, system actions, etc), one for ringtones, and a separate one for text messages.

There may be apps that can handle more custom alerts, but I'm not aware of them.

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    You need to consider that the BB has a centralized alert management system where Android does not. The notification tone that you set in Android's settings is the system notification. If you only set that notification then all your notifications will be the same.

If you want distinct notifications for your different apps then you need to adjust the notification settings within each of your apps. That setting (if available) will override the system notification for the app you're in.