1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Different Notification Volume per App??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by thetomlin2, Aug 16, 2011.

1. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Here is my dilemma ... my company policy says all managers must have their email synced to their phone ... no problem, did this through exchange. My problem is that while in the office, I need to hear if I receive a work email ... however, I do not want to hear my phone go off for SMS (I used Handcent) or for my Gmail. Is there an app that will allow me to set different volume for Exchange email than for Gmail or SMS? I tried Tasker, but don't see the option. I also do not want to use ring tones that are silent for Gmail and SMS, because I want to be able to hear them when not at the office. Any ideas? Maybe an app that allows you to set different ring tones based on the time of day or profile? Then I could use a silent ring tone for Gmail and SMS while at work and switch to a normal ring tone quickly via another profile.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Well, if you want to set it up by time, Timerrific is what you're looking for. Tweaking the notifications by the app is out of my wheelhouse; normally I'd recommend just installing something third party for Gmail that you can customize the notifications to be whatever you want, but after Google just updated the permissions in Gmail those apps no longer look as functional. As I type this though, I recall that Light Flow allows individual settings per account, but I think you'd have to toggle then manually every time you want something different.

thetomlin2 likes this.
  3. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert

Tasker can't inherently change ringtones for each app, it works only with default ringtones. But, you might want to take a look at Ringleader in the Market. There's a free version that you can use to make sure it does what you want with regard to ringtones, and the pro version offers a Tasker plugin.

thetomlin2 likes this.
  4. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

I'm not aware of any app that can set different volume levels for notifications. AFAIK volume levels are set for each channel: media, notifications, etc.

Do any the profiles apps actually adjust notifications on a per app basis? The ones I've used only adjust levels for all notifications.

thetomlin2 likes this.
  5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Gave this a try and it worked ... basically it allows you to set a ringtone for each individual app and then save them as profiles (pro version) ... What I did then was set the ring tone for the apps I didnt want to hear at work as a silent ringtone and set the profile as ... you guessed it "Work". Then set a different profile called "Home" with their normal ring tones. It allows me to easily switch back and forth, thanks.