• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Different phone number in status - redux

bingobango

Jan 14, 2011
Reading another thread, I found something I need help with.

Running Redux ROM - I went to setting -> About -> Status

My phone number there is different to my actual phone number (which was ported over from another network).

It seems this sim card has retained the phone number that came with the SIM.

Can this be an issue (re: contact cards?)
How to fix it?

In this thread suroot mentioned flashing CM7 and changing it there:
http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/347124-n00b-trying-get-rooted-3.html

Is this the only way>?

Also - how can I create a contact card?

Thanks I'll look into that then. Is there any downside to the different numbers?

Quick question, the default redux calendar doesn't seem to display any birthday info or anything that would come from facebook, even though my contacts are synced.

Is there a way to do this? You cannot seem to add a new account in the calender settings..

Upvote 0
When trying to make a new contact, Redux only gave me the option of creating a google one...is there no way to create phone or sim contacts (just wondering)

So to create a contact card, I just create a google contact with my name and phone number?

With my sense ROM - even after I deleted all contacts, there was a contact card left. So kinda figured it must be important...:)

Upvote 0
Thanks - it's no big deal but its funny how these little niggles eat away at you.

For example, on Redux (and my other ROMS too) I use a visible pattern to unlock the phone. On the other roms, if the screen has just went off (like a few seconds) and I double tab the optical button - it takes me straight to my home screen.

On redux, I have to enter the visible pattern - even if the screen *just* went off. There doesnt seem to be a way to change this (I think in the other ROMS there was a screen lock-out time or something?)

Upvote 0
Thats good to know :)

Any ideas anyone about the following:

For example, on Redux (and my other ROMS too) I use a visible pattern to unlock the phone. On the other roms, if the screen has just went off (like a few seconds) and I double tab the optical button - it takes me straight to my home screen.

On redux, I have to enter the visible pattern - even if the screen *just* went off. There doesnt seem to be a way to change this (I think in the other ROMS there was a screen lock-out time or something?)

Also - I was using GO Contacts and it crashed. No when ever I go to add a new contact, or edit one in GO Contacts - it brings up the stock contact editor.

Cant seem to get it back to before even after clearing the defaults. Can you add a contact using GO Contacts>?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones