• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Different screen timeout, bluetooth, and profile settings for each Scene?

BlackDynamite

Android Expert
May 6, 2010
Is there a way to set different bluetooth, screen timeout, and profile settings for each scene on the Evo?
I use Pandora and the music player in the car. The problem is my bluetooth headset is set to play media audio so I have to change that every time I get in and out of the car. And I don't want the display shutting off either, so I have to change that every time I get in and out of the car.
While I'm at it, is there a way to set a different profile (vibrate, normal, silent) on different Scenes? That's another thing that I find myself manually changing more often than I would like.
I'm thinking the "Scenes" feature of Sense would be ideal for this. Just set up the apps you want, the profile settings, display settings, etc, and save that Scene. But I can't make it save any settings other than the wallpaper and widgets/shortuts.
Does anyone know how I could go about this? Even is it's not possible in Sense, is there another way to do it?

Check out Tasker in the Android Market, or visit:

Tasker for Android

From the Tasker website:

Tasker is an application for Android which performs Tasks (sets of Actions) based on Contexts (application, time, date, location, event, gesture) in user-defined Profiles, or in clickable or timer home screen widgets. This simple concept profoundly extends your control of your Android device and it's capabilities, without the need for 'root' or a special home screen.

Reactions: BlackDynamite
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones