1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Different sounds for different notifications?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Ghost117, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Ghost117

Ghost117 Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Hey,
    Is there an app that would allow me to program different sounds for each different notification? For example I want a new email to have one sound, while a new sms to have another, and for the locale updater to be on silent/vibrate.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. tunnie

tunnie Member

Aug 1, 2009
    London
    i have been wondering that too

3. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2009
    I think the best you can do is has each app with their own customized sound. It is near impossible to have an apps to check each other apps' sound, since there is no standard coding in this part of the apps.

4. nerys

nerys Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    From what I have gathered and experienced so far ALL APPS that "notify" you of something use the system default Notification sound.

now SOME apps let you "specify" a different sound. For example the g-mail app lets me specify a sound other than the system wide notification sound.

Package Tracking does not and Neither does Ebay.

Wootwatcher DOES.

5. nwh10

nwh10 Active Member

Apr 23, 2011
    USA
    Light Flow allows different sounds, different LED colors, different vibration patterns, different intervals. Really good app.

6. nerys

nerys Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    ALSO messaging lets you specify a sound. SO instead of setting my sms as a sound in sound I set it in message and then used a different default system sound which now will only play for ebay and package tracking.