1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General different vibrate patterns for different applications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rawness, May 26, 2014.

1. rawness

rawness Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Is there a way to have different vibrate patterns for different applications/notifications on the GS5?

I'm a new S5 user, coming from a Galaxy Nexus where I had different vibrating patterns for emails, text messages, phone calls and general notifications so I could tell what the notification was with the phone in my pocket. Is there any way to get a similar setup on the S5?

Advertisement

2. Firewill10

Firewill10 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 21, 2012
    I believe only if you download a special app. Search google play store there are a few. I used one a while back but I cant remember the name of it

3. rawness

None

Oct 28, 2009
    Well if you remember, please let me know.

I've yet to find a capable app

4. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 6, 2010
    Computer Consultant
    New Orleans
    LightFlow is your best bet. It can handle notifications for just about everything. It also allows for setting up different LED colors for each notification. You can also set repeating vibration/audio alerts for everything.

Check out the free version first but I highly recommend it. It's one of the first things I install on any phone.

5. rawness

None

Oct 28, 2009

Thanks, still have to work out some quirks with double notifications, but it definitely allows for different vibration patterns

mistaj33 likes this.
  6. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 6, 2010
    Computer Consultant
    New Orleans
    What I do is disable notifications in the app itself and use LightFlow for notifications. If you still want status bar notifications for something, you can leave the notifications enabled and just set the notification tone to "silent" and vibrate to "none" in the app.

I do this for Gmail for example. This way I still get the notification in the status bar. But, I set the ringer/vibrate patterns in LightFlow so I can utilize sleep mode. So between midnight and 8am I get no ring/vibrate but do get the notification in the status bar and a green blinking LED. Between 8am and midnight I get the notification plus vibrate and ringtone.

There's definitely a bit of a learning curve when trying to get everything setup the way you want it. Hopefully you'll get it all setup exactly how you want it and then you can forget about it.

rawness likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.