1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Different wallpaper on lock screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by paulstavro, Dec 10, 2019.

1. paulstavro

paulstavro Lurker

Can someone tell me how to make it so the background art of the media you're playing doesn't show on your lock screen?? This started happening by itself a few days ago. I'll be chromecasting YouTube to my TV or listening to my audible in my headphones and my lock screen will show a blurry zoomed in version of the media art work. It's totally undiscernable, it just changes the overall colour of lock screen. Really annoyed that this started happening all by itself without asking my permission. I want control of how my phone looks when it is locked! I have the pixel 3 xl. Thanks I really appreciate any help!

Attached Files:

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by codesplice, Dec 11, 2019 (7 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Moved this thread to here, no need for 2 threads to be open in different sections.

4. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

There doesn't appear to be an option to control this behavior. Are you sure that it's new? It's been that way for me for years.

You might want to use Settings > About phone > Send feedback about this device to let the developers know that you don't care to see the album art on the lock screen.

Edit: Some apps (like Google Play Music) might have an option for "show album art on lock screen" but others (like YouTube Music) do not. There's not a system-level option which will prevent this for all apps.

#3 codesplice, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    paulstavro and NightAngel79 like this.
  5. paulstavro

paulstavro Lurker

It's unbelievable to me that my phone bypasses my background art selection when I'm playing some media. How arrogant can you be as a developer to force this creative decision on EVERYONE. It's enough to make me switch phones if it doesn't get fixed.

Thanks for you efforts

Paul SB

PS. There was a big OS update today, maybe they slipped this part in a little early?

6. patruns

patruns Member

When you go to change wallpaper, at some point it asks you if you want to set the same for both or lets you pick. Sounds like you didn't go far enough. I missed that the first time out as well and then changed my lock screen wallpaper.

Google Pixel 3 & 3XL Forum

The Google Pixel 3 & 3XL release date was November 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch or 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3430mAh or 2915mAh battery.

November 2018
Release Date
Reviews