1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Differont rom users

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by screwthe49ers, Jun 3, 2009.

1. screwthe49ers

OK, for all of us that have tried out the different roms (Haykuro, JF, The Dude, Cyanogen, Rogers, Ion, Hero, etc.), what do you like/dislike about them. What made you change to something else? Do you feel as if any of them are too similar to others to not warrant changing?

Personally, I started w/ JesusFrek and I have tried all the others except for Rogers, but will try that just for exchange support due to work. Loved Hero, but it ran too slow w/o overclocking. Ion was cool, superfast.

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    My tried and true is Devolio's Modified JK ADP 1.5 stable, fast (with Apps 2 SD) also SU and White list WORK !!

3. agreed i have tried all the most recent builds including hero and ion and IMO i Devolio's build is fast reliable and has no issues... and i will take that over new or better graphics anyday....

4. SHIZNT

SHIZNT Member

May 24, 2009
    I love the look and feel of Haykuro's Hero build but agree it runs a little slow and is a little buggy (having to force close every now and agian!).

5. pacothebandit

pacothebandit Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    YO I wanna chime in to!!!

I have used JF 1.5, Ion and now Rogers.

So far I have like Rogers the best. Its quick and has some added features like:

-Digital Zoom for both Camera and Video
    -the phone gives a little vibrate burst when the user on the other line either answers there phone or VM picks up
    -Exchange support*(although I dont use it)
    - some UI tweaks (nothing to insane)
    -onscreen keyboard of course
    -PDF viewer
    -Quick Office

and im sure there are others. So yeah, i have no real reason to go back to ION except that I like one of the ringtones it came with! haha

6. screwthe49ers

I'm there with you on Rogers. I just went there from JF and I cant see myself going back. Fast & stable w/ zoom, exchange, and pdf viewing. 2 out of those 3 were features I thought the G1 shipped with or at least included in Cupcake.