1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Difficult to enter characters

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Biffos, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

It is very difficult to enter text in the Samsung Galaxy Duos, I permanently hit the neighbour keys. Is it like it commonly is or is it me, who just is unable to do it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Y Duos right? Are you using qwerty? Well with a screen that small I won't be surprised.

3. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

Yes, Duos is right. And yes, I am using qwertz (z instead of y). OK, very small keys, so I hope it is the keyboard.

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

try using a stylus with the phone. I love using one with mine.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Do you have large fingers? Try a keyboard which uses swiping rather than poking, something like Swype.

6. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

I had bought one, not really tried out until now, good idea. To get contact / a reaction seems to be a bit diffuculty when touching the display (but using the fingers it sometimes is very difficulty to cause a reaction either).

Yes, fingers are larger than normal. Yes, I had tried out Swype, it is installed on my phone, but as I touch the neighbour keys at the first touch and when swiping and at the end character, I am not able to hit the right characters like it seems.

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You could use an alphanumeric style keypad. Select the Samsung keypad, then go into its settings and choose 3x4 layout.

8. Biffos

Biffos Well-Known Member

OK, I will try it out, thanks. So it is already installed on the phone, if I see it right.