1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Digit dropped from received number

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jirams, Dec 28, 2011.

1. jirams

jirams Newbie

My friend has an 11 digit mobile number which starts 0777xxxxxxx. When he texts me, 90% of the time my SGS2 reports the number as 077xxxxxxx and of course does not indicate who the message is from because it does not know the number (being short of a 7). If I reply to the message, the transmission fails - it is not a valid mobile number. Occasionally his number is correctly reported. He has an iPhone 4 and my SGS2 only has trouble with his particular number. Any help with this problem gratefully accepted.:)

Unrooted 2.3.4

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jirams

jirams Newbie

No one?

It has me baffled ;0(

3. jirams

jirams Newbie

No one interested enough to comment?

4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

I'm not sure if this would work but I guess it can't hurt. Edit his number in your contacts, remove the 0 at the beginning and replace it with +44

Edit: does anyone else have problems receiving texts from your friend? Since all other text are fine on your phone it could be a problem with his phone sending the number rather than yours receiving it.

jirams likes this.
  5. jirams

jirams Newbie

Thanks for your response ;0)

No one else appears to have problems receiving texts from my friend.

Never thought of the +44 idea - will try and report back

Regards

6. jirams

jirams Newbie

since prefixing number with +44 - no more occurrences of problem. Will keep informed...... ;0)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews