1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Digital compass

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ukzen, Jun 3, 2010.

1. ukzen

ukzen Android Enthusiast

I have searched this and found nothing,so, i am on T-Mob with my Desire and have just realised i have no Digital Compass.Or am i looking in wrong place ? ,have tried manage apps ,and its not listed ,compass mode works ok in Maps,so whats happening?.:thinking:

2. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast

Just search for "compass" in the market if you want one,there's loads to choose from.

3. Hmm not sure, not seen one on the Desire itself. However I have installed the free compass from snaptic which is quite good. Just have a look on the market for that.

4. ukzen

ukzen Android Enthusiast

5. That looks pretty much like the Compass App as offered by Snaptic.

6. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast

That's the one I have on mine,it's just called "compass" you can change the style of it to look different.

Compass - Android app on AppBrain

7. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

There is a default compass on google maps, top right of the screen, but is quite terrible

8. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Android Expert

the desire has a digital compass inside it, obviously, but as far as i know doesnt come with a specific app for it.

like said above, just search the market for 'compass'.

9. Banzibarn

Banzibarn Well-Known Member

Do you have to calibrate the compass? On my old N97 I had to rotate to phone is a weird pattern to get it to work, and even then it didn't always work.

10. JasonC

JasonC Android Enthusiast

Yes the one in the video is just called "compass" on the market, I have it on mine and its great.

Banzibam, yes you do have to calibrate it by waving it around in a figure of 8 pattern. The guy in the video does this but he obviously doesn't know what a figure of 8 is!

11. ukzen

ukzen Android Enthusiast

Got it ,really impressed with it ,can now go yomping.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews