• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help digital copies

I have currently been attempting to transfer my digital copies of blu ray movies to my xoom but when using the latest WMP it doesn't provide a sync option for the movie but music and pictures go with no problem. I was curious if there were any ways to do this without ripping considering my comp doesn't read blu ray. Also not interested in dvd conversion programs for the sake of HD quality. Is there some security setting I could change to allow sync. Or are we out of luck till the world stops hating android ? :(

I have currently been attempting to transfer my digital copies of blu ray movies to my xoom but when using the latest WMP it doesn't provide a sync option for the movie but music and pictures go with no problem. I was curious if there were any ways to do this without ripping considering my comp doesn't read blu ray. Also not interested in dvd conversion programs for the sake of HD quality. Is there some security setting I could change to allow sync. Or are we out of luck till the world stops hating android ? :(

The digital copies have a DRM system that doesn't work well with Android. Some people had some luck with getting some of them to work on a Droid X, but I haven't seen anyone with a Xoom getting them to play yet.

There is PocketBlu ( https://market.android.com/details?id=com.deluxe.pocketblu ) which might help, but that appears to be a hit & miss as well.

Upvote 0
Has anyone got the digital copies to transfer to Xoom yet? I was just trying to do this and you get errors. Tried using FoxReal and it won't even convert the files. So disappointing. I would like to transfer these videos to let my boy watch them on road trips.

Have a look at the post right above yours.

You could look into Audialis Tunebite, but you are better off converting the DVDs instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones