1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Digital medias.

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Milo Willamson, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

So.
    What you think libraries vs. Techonologic advances,
    what do you really think about borrowing a book, or renting out it, and have so many other
    juxifacations in it - as well as like techonologic when it is on the screen?

Sorry about the last post, I had no idea where I was going with it :)

#1 Milo Willamson, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well i'm sad to say but i think libraries are out dated. they are great for research and for use in schools and colleges. i have yet to set foot in a library after i graduated from college.

book stores are another thing. i still like going to a book store. i still buy physical books....though i'm contemplating signing up for audible. i drive a lot now for work, and audio books seems like a good way to kill time while i'm sitting in ugly LA traffic.

every now and then i might buy a digital book, but it has been a year or two since i last bought one.

Milo Willamson likes this.
  3. Milo Willamson

It has been around a few years since I stepped into my local one. I think they are also out dated anyways.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i will say this....as i drive around the streets of LA, i see a lot of kids and older folks hanging out and around the various city libraries, so it seems like there is still a function for them.....just not for me, i guess.

my friends grandparents still rents movies and audio books from their local library.

Milo Willamson likes this.
  5. Milo Willamson

My brother in law always goes there, kind of irony though on how he gets books through Amazon.com, I am assuming they do not have his physics books over there.

6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Libraries. I love libraries!
    Whoever the architect is for our local branches lately he likes glass and light.
    Not as many books as I remember though

7. Milo Willamson

Ours is a massive fan of space, and stairs, there is still like a multi teir level from what I can remember.
    It has been sometime ago since visited up there.