• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Digital stylus search

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
I am looking for a digital stylus for my Google Pixel 6 Pro phone. Finding one that works on the phone is easy. It has to have a fine point that needs charging and a broad end that doesn't. In order for the fine tip to work, you have to turn it on. Now for the kicker, so far everyone I've found, turns itse
lf off every 30 minutes whether I'm using it or not. I'm looking for one that won't turn itself off while I'm using it! Everyone I've tried turns itself off while I'm using it. It makes no sense. They say it's to save the battery, but I'm using it, do not shut it off!
Thanks in advance,

I am looking for a digital stylus for my Google Pixel 6 Pro phone. Finding one that works on the phone is easy. It has to have a fine point that needs charging and a broad end that doesn't. In order for the fine tip to work, you have to turn it on. Now for the kicker, so far everyone I've found, turns itse
lf off every 30 minutes whether I'm using it or not. I'm looking for one that won't turn itself off while I'm using it! Everyone I've tried turns itself off while I'm using it. It makes no sense. They say it's to save the battery, but I'm using it, do not shut it off!
Thanks in advance,
Simply to get a stylus that does not have that junk, I used one before my little pencil got lodge into it, it might take several years, but you can get one of those, with just the rubber dot on the top of it, should work wonders..

Upvote 0
Simply to get a stylus that does not have that junk, I used one before my little pencil got lodge into it, it might take several years, but you can get one of those, with just the rubber dot on the top of it, should work wonders..

I've tried. I cannot find a stylus that has a fine point that doesn't shut itself off. The plain rubber tips are too large.

Upvote 0
just get the note 10 or the s22 ultra or the z fold 4;):p;). the s-pen is a great stylus with a fine tip. but you can also make it pretty wide in most instances.

I'm not looking to change phones. I just want a stylus that doesn't turn itself off. It shouldn't be this hard. IMO, it makes no sense to have them turn off while they're being used. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attachments

• bd4fc368736a7aa395cbba25a7c98c54422243fca15b8caa5949c33bcf2583a3.0.png
    bd4fc368736a7aa395cbba25a7c98c54422243fca15b8caa5949c33bcf2583a3.0.png
    38 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'm not looking to change phones. I just want a stylus that doesn't turn itself off. It shouldn't be this hard. IMO, it makes no sense to have them turn off while they're being used. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i know, i was just joking around. but because i have owned phones that uses the s-pen, i have not really looked into other styluses.

some lists:
https://www.creativebloq.com/buying-guides/best-stylus-for-android
https://www.androidcentral.com/best-stylus-android-phones-and-tablets

what styluses have you tried?

Upvote 0
i know, i was just joking around. but because i have owned phones that uses the s-pen, i have not really looked into other styluses.

some lists:
https://www.creativebloq.com/buying-guides/best-stylus-for-android
https://www.androidcentral.com/best-stylus-android-phones-and-tablets

what styluses have you tried?
I have either tried or investigated all the ones on Amazon that I could find. I wrote to Boxwave, who were excellent, but all of theirs shut themselves off. I've checked Kecow. I have tried to find customer support for most of the styli brands but there's nothing listed. Only models for sale. It's crazy. I have an old Meko that's exactly what I wanted but it's on its last legs and they don't make it anymore. They decided to go with the clear discs on a spring which don't work on the Pixel 6 Pro. Thanks for your help and the lists, but I'm close to giving up.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones