• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help digitizer repair

Only advice I can offer (and it's not going to be welcome) is that unless you've replaced a screen before, pay to have someone do it. It takes at least a few times (breaking things each time) before you learn each manufacturer's little "gotchas".

Most people who post here about replacing their own screens or digitizers end up posting a little later asking how to fix something unrelated to the screen that seems to have stopped working. The total repair, when you get through paying to fix everything you broke, is usually a LOT more than paying to have the screen replaced.

Upvote 0
Skip doing that. Just get the entire assembly with the screen so you dont have to remove the actual LCD. Its like a $60 part i think. I already replaced my screen once and its on the blink again but i feel i will just get another phone. By the way i tried the way your doing it and my LCD broke lol. So i just brought the assembly and that was a piece of cake. The whole front side of my phone is new.

Upvote 0
I also just purchased a front assembly taken from a phone with a bad ESN. Front is in great shape, $20, relatively easy swap. Seeing how this problem is fairly endemic to this phone I will likely now sell it while it still works and has a bit of value. I have been considering switching to Aio anyways, $45 a month for unlimited everything, and its uses the At&t network.

Upvote 0
Just get the entire assembly with the screen so you dont have to remove the actual LCD. Its like a $60 part i think. By the way i tried the way your doing it and my LCD broke lol.

I wanted to do this... Also by just replacing the glass I spent ten dollars to fix this phone. I was well aware I could break the LCD, but its done and I did not break it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones