• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Digitizer Replacement

For those of you who've had to replace your cracked digitizers from your phones (Those of you who DIY more specifically,) Where is the most reliable place to order the digitizers from?

I recently replaced my phone's digitizer by buying one off of a Chinese distributor on Ebay; It looked to be in perfect condition. But when I had finished assembling everything back together, i noticed the hole for the home button was a hair too small for the actual button to fit into. This created a non air-tight seal for the phone's digitizer and the LCD, and so caused dust to fit inside. Now the home button is unusable and the digitizer is cracked around the home button once again.

I really like this phone. Its specifications are perfect for my needs and a big enough screen to facilitate my poor vision. I want to give it another shot at fixing this thing so I can use it again. I would like to know where is a good site to order the Digitizer replacements.

i would suggest you just scavange the parts.
no?
and right now they have the phone on sale for 79.99 almost everywhere.
radio shack, amazon... idk what other ones.
but umm.. i got to know what this digitalizer is.

The digitizer is the glass that goes on top of the LCD. You know, the thing that cracks when you drop the phone. That also calibrates (senses) your touches and sends the information into the phone so it can move the screen. Right now that it's misplaced and cracked, it won't work well and touches all over the place on my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones