1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

digix tab-1040_g help

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by thor1701, Nov 4, 2014.

1. thor1701

thor1701 Lurker

ok i am having a heck of a hard time finding any kind of root info for this tablet, i've followed similar guides and have come up with nothing, i am also running win 7 x64, i've seen things say install the abd driver in order to connect to the different rooting software but nothing ever seems to happen, so i am at a loss as to what to do, so if someone could point me in the right direction or advise me, that would be great.

hope i've put this in the correct section

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Can you tell the forum what os platform your on for example: do you have JB, ICS or KitKat

3. thor1701

thor1701 Lurker

knew i was forgetting something, JB 4.1.1

4. BRAINZ2013

Yes that would help a lot now what have you tried and next I Dont see a clockworkmod IMG nor twrp recovery IMG for your device . I would wait to root cause you need a custom recovery when rooting . this recovery will allow you to reflash a stock IMG if you run into problems . but if your needing this to make a custom recovery . I would try

Safe root app or computer .

http://androidforums.com/reverb-all...-root-saferoot-app-root-4-1-2-without-pc.html

5. thor1701

thor1701 Lurker

ok what i have tried, i have read a bunch of post's for digix tablets, and have tried different things, i've tried that one click root thing, also root with restore, i have installed many different versions of the adb driver, not all at the same time mind you, before i started messing with the drivers i would plug it in with the debugging thing on and it would never install any kind of drivers in it, there's also a mtp driver that sometimes give a code 10, also when i run the command adb devices most of the time it list's my device, also tried that saferoot app, unfortunately it did not work

6. BRAINZ2013

That's why I chosen a root app to try put the app on a SD card . open and install app. Then make sure USB debugging is on and tap app for root. Only thing is you can only use safestrap app . cause the custom recovery Dont exsist

7. thor1701

thor1701 Lurker

unfortunately nothing i do seems to work