• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

'Dillo Hills [Development]

well to do that wouldnt you have to do an update in the market everyday? Some people dont have unlimited data plans and that could get costly. Not me...but some people :). If you found a different way than updating the game everyday I think it could be a good idea.

You can actually do a random seed based on the system's timeclock. :D

This is actually a very clever mechanism used by a lot of other games (Black Ops and WoW both come to mind) to keep people coming back, and if time allows (or in a patch, after release), I'll have to see if we can do something similar. :)

Anyway, today was a very busy day for me and a handful of the testers! Time to catch some ZZZ's and prepare for just a few more days of hard work! :D

Dillo Hills | Facebook

Upvote 0
You can actually do a random seed based on the system's timeclock. :D

And if time allows (or in a patch, after release), I'll have to see if we can do something similar.

Awesome, and yeah, don't know how hard it would be to do anything like like, it just kind of felt like a good idea to do. (too bad i won't be able to play the game on my shitty Hero though :( )

Upvote 0
As i've been following and hitting F5 every hour to refresh the forum i cant help but to have sympathy for Fex.

Dont take it personally if he doesnt respond! He's hard at work, and he PROBABLY has about 50x more inbox messages than you could imagine from people following Dillo Hill's and people wanting to interview or contact him for media purposes.

VVVVV*****MAYBE THIS WILL ANSWER ADOBE AIR QUESTIONS.......********VVVV

SO, to people who are asking about adobe air..
I'm no pro, but its 'basically' a programming language and your phone needs the app in order to execute the script. 'similar' to having flash player and watching youtube on your home computer browser.

If you cant seem to find the app in the market (it SHOULD be there)... then you can follow the following link: Adobe AIR Lands In Android Market, Doesn’t Do Much Of Anything Yet | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police Scroll down until you see the QR code (the black and white square that looks like the wrong channel on your TV) and use an app (example: 'barcode scanner') to read it, then a screen will popup, click open and then an option will come up (maybe) click market, and then you should be brought to the market page for adobe air, specifically.
just install it, thats all you do. you dont need to run it, you dont need to do anything. just make sure it exists in your phone.

edit* clarity

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I think that the "sideways flying" you saw in the video was the new glide mechanic, which has been toned down a lot since that video was taken. It's still a very useful and fun feature even after the nerf, but yesterday's testing indicated that it was simply too awesome before: a skilled player could keep going almost indefinitely if they had amazing glide control.

I'm very curious about this! How does this work, assuming you've kept the single-touch control scheme from Tiny Wings? Is it activated automatically, or is there a separate input mechanism to trigger a "glide"?

Either way, I've seen enough to buy Dillo Hills the second it hits the market :)

Upvote 0
I'm very curious about this! How does this work, assuming you've kept the single-touch control scheme from Tiny Wings? Is it activated automatically, or is there a separate input mechanism to trigger a "glide"?

Either way, I've seen enough to buy Dillo Hills the second it hits the market :)

i think someone addressed this earlier on the demo tablet video.
you push on the upper half of the screen for glide and lower half for gravity. (something like that). so it has to do with where you're pushing, not how you're pushing. :)

Upvote 0
I made a vid on my nexus s. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-PQkrN7sy8

sry for german but my english is really bad :D

First video I've seen where it isnt that laggy :p. is it just me or does it look like the gravity is x1000. I can't tell if hes just not ramping the hills right or if the gravity actually is making you go down every hill hard. Also, at the end when you are out of energy and laying on your back, how are you still moving up and down the hlls? lol shouldnt the game end?

Upvote 0
First video I've seen where it isnt that laggy :p. is it just me or does it look like the gravity is x1000. I can't tell if hes just not ramping the hills right or if the gravity actually is making you go down every hill hard. Also, at the end when you are out of energy and laying on your back, how are you still moving up and down the hlls? lol shouldnt the game end?

Since that build, the rendering performance has been improved even more, too! :D

We're still tweaking the physics a lot, but I couldn't help but notice he was kind of holding his finger down even after making a jump, which dragged him down quickly immediately after takeoff. I've actually just added in a delay to prevent this from happening. :)

And yeah - the game over sliding is a known bug, will be fixed shortly! :D

Upvote 0
Just put the beta in the store, and call it beta version, everyone here is getting impatient, and the game is loosing our intrest. You have promised it almost a week ago.

The game will be out very soon - rendering performance is finished, gameplay is almost finished, then we're just finishing up menus and metagaming. :)

Once again, this is not a promise, but I would be surprised if the game wasn't in the market this weekend. :D

Upvote 0
The game will be out very soon - rendering performance is finished, gameplay is almost finished, then we're just finishing up menus and metagaming. :)

Once again, this is not a promise, but I would be surprised if the game wasn't in the market this weekend. :D

Like I said in my last post, you shouldn't keep us waiting too long. Make it a public beta without posting it in the Market, or just release it as it is. You're already ready to launch it, what are you waiting for?

In all the videos the 'V's don't change (the checkmarks), so it looks like there is no progress... I'm still 'losing' interest in this game, it's just that we're all waiting for the game and all we get is 'we're almost done' and watch videos.

When I first came to the older topic you said you were going to release it within a few days, even that weekend. I understand that you weren't able to finish it within the weekend, but you are getting very much attention. Use it.

P.S.
Consider this as feedback. ;)

Upvote 0
Like I said in my last post, you shouldn't keep us waiting too long. Make it a public beta without posting it in the Market, or just release it as it is. You're already ready to launch it, what are you waiting for?

When I first came to the older topic you said you were going to release it within a few days, even that weekend. I understand that you weren't able to finish it within the weekend, but you are getting very much attention. Use it.

P.S.
Consider this as feedback. ;)

That's pretty ******ed. If you're losing interest, tough shit. Quality games take a while to produce and polish. Take a look at Blizzard. People wait for their games no matter how long it takes, because we know the finished product will be worth the wait.

Imagine all those iOS junkies laughing at Dillo Hills if it was released before being ready.... and didn't compare to Tiny Wings. Tiny Wings took a very long time to develop. So suck it up and have some patience. Don't pressure them into releasing something when they will definitely regret it. I doubt they'd listen anyway... you're just 1 person, after all.

Reactions: gantonski
Upvote 0
That's pretty ******ed. If you're losing interest, tough shit. Quality games take a while to produce and polish. Take a look at Blizzard. People wait for their games no matter how long it takes, because we know the finished product will be worth the wait.

Imagine all those iOS junkies laughing at Dillo Hills if it was released before being ready.... and didn't compare to Tiny Wings. Tiny Wings took a very long time to develop. So suck it up and have some patience. Don't pressure them into releasing something when they will definitely regret it. I doubt they'd listen anyway... you're just 1 person, after all.

I know, that's not my point. My point is that it is already great, great enough to beat the other games. It's no secret that good games need to be polished and that it all takes time, and I don't blame them. My only concern are the 'promises' that were made.

Everyone is waiting (patiently) for this game, I might not be as patient as them, but everything I say is just how I feel about it (I cannot help it, just my opinion). I also would like some more information, like the estimated time when it will be published or an list with checkmarks, or something like that.

Also, I don't say that the developers have to change everything because of me, but they asked for feedback; so here it is. :p

And just as a sidenote:
After I applied for the beta, I got denied because I'm underage. Ofcourse this is understandable (legal terms), but still pissing me off because I'm limited on A LOT of ways due to this...

I'm sure that this also is a main reason why I'm losing interest, but I cannot help it...

Upvote 0
I also would like some more information, like the estimated time when it will be published or an list with checkmarks, or something like that.

There are currently 14 items left on my to-do list. There were 19 yesterday, and 27 the day before. When there are 0 items left, the app will be on the market. :D

Also, I don't say that the developers have to change everything because of me, but they asked for feedback; so here it is. :p

Absolutely, and we appreciated the feedback! We obviously are not going to rush anything, but having all of you guys practically banging down my door to get the game (you should see my inbox right now XD) is very, very motivating. Let's just say that I've put in a lot of sleepless nights over the past week. :D

Upvote 0
so let me get this straight. will I be able to play on my optimus v? I cant seem to find it in the market.

We do not currently have any testers with access to the Optimus in this wave of testing, but we will try to grab at least one before release.

Based on what I've seen online, though, I think you should be fine. It's a newer model that is Android 2.2 capable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones