• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dimmer bug

dgold82

Apr 26, 2010
Just wanted to warn everyone. I downloaded "dimmer" from the market place and it didn't work. It also somehow bugged out all the other brightness toggle apps.

Before I downloaded dimmer I used beautiful widgets and the brightness toggle worked just fine. Now it doesn't and no matter what I do including uninstalling, toggling auto brightness, restarting, battery pulls, no brightness toggles work except for the stock power controls and the settings menu.

Is there a way to clear out the system cache or something (without having to hard reset) that I don't know about? I'm wondering if there are any lingering files left over from the dimmer app that didn't get removed and are buried in some sort of temporary folder.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones