1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dimmer bug

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dgold82, Dec 27, 2011.

1. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to warn everyone. I downloaded "dimmer" from the market place and it didn't work. It also somehow bugged out all the other brightness toggle apps.

Before I downloaded dimmer I used beautiful widgets and the brightness toggle worked just fine. Now it doesn't and no matter what I do including uninstalling, toggling auto brightness, restarting, battery pulls, no brightness toggles work except for the stock power controls and the settings menu.

Is there a way to clear out the system cache or something (without having to hard reset) that I don't know about? I'm wondering if there are any lingering files left over from the dimmer app that didn't get removed and are buried in some sort of temporary folder.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

If your rooted you could try booting in to CWM and clearing Dalvik Cache.

3. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I am not rooted so it doesn't look like I can access higher level cache. I'll hold out for now--sometimes these things have a way of correcting themselves over time.

Maybe when we get 4.0.3 things will get refreshed a bit.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews