1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Dinc Arrived With Dead Camera

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sonny200, Aug 1, 2010.

1. sonny200

sonny200 Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Just got my Dinc in the mail & spent a lot of time setting up & customizing it. After a few hours doing this, I decided to try some of the phone's features -- namely the camera & video camera.

Alas! The camera doesn't work! All I get when I bring up the camera app is a reddish/pink background with "snow". Anyone else encounter this problem?

I'm assuming I've got the latest updates for the phone as it just arrived. FW = 2.1-update1

Advertisement

2. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

May 15, 2010
    New York
    I have seen a few people here on this forum that had that issue. You probably just got done waiting a month for your phone but your going to have to take it back.

3. lg4420

lg4420 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Austin, TX
    A friend of mine at work had this issue and just had to have another one delivered, his was a refurb, interesting

4. sonny200

sonny200 Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Yep. You're right. I waited almost a full month for the phone & going to take it to the Verizon store this afternoon.

Back to the Crackberry in the meantime.

5. lg4420

lg4420 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Austin, TX
    was your dinc new or refurb?

6. Duhtroll

Duhtroll New Member

May 4, 2010
    You prolly got my old phone. I got my Dinc the day they came out and the camera failed a couple weeks ago, so I got a "like new" replacement sent to me overnight. They took back my phone and I am sure they fixed it before they sent it out...

7. Simply do this: Install a camera app off of the market and see if that will work. If so, then do a factory reset to get the stock camera program to work.