1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

dinc destroying home network?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sharpe Man, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Sharpe Man

Sharpe Man Member

Has anyone else had problems with their phones on their home networks? When I turn on WiFi at home it shuts down my network to the point where I have to call my isp to reset my modem and do a factory reset on my router.
    I have charter for my internet and I use the dlink 4500 router.
    Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

whoa crazy, never had a problem like this on any network I've ever connected to wifi.. My house, my friends, public, at school. are you rooted? stock? what is your radio version? give all the details you can think of, and I'd consider a factory reset on the phone.

3. HoochieCoo

HoochieCoo Well-Known Member

I use WiFi about 75% of the day. Never had this issue. There have been times that when I transfer large files from one Windows PC to another on my home network, the router ultimately stops responding to other nodes, requiring a reset on the router. But I've never had an issue with my phone.

4. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Android Expert

First things first, are you using dynamic or static IP addressing?

5. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

Never had that problem. I'm always on wifi to the point that I only use about 250 MB 3G/month. Sure wish VZW would come up with a 1GB plan for $15-$20.

6. superstretch

superstretch Well-Known Member

My Inc does the same on my TrendNet TEW-633GR. I have to reboot both the router and the modem, just doing one won't suffice. The router still works during that time, but needs a little kick to get back its outside route. The connection lasts about 10 minutes before exploding

7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

would help if you could isolate the issue. Does the same thing happen on other routers you connect to? Does the router still lock up if you connect to it without it being connected to the modem? (unplug the router from the modem, connect with your phone, plug the router back into the modem)

8. Sharpe Man

Sharpe Man Member

Thanks for the replies.
    My phone is stock.
    I'm not sure if im static or dynamic. I think dynamic.
    I don't seem to have a problem when I use WiFi on other networks.
    The first thing to go on my network is my pc. I then power cycle my modem and router and that's when I no longer get a connection and everything has to be reset.

9. Sharpe Man

Sharpe Man Member

Does the router still lock up if you connect to it without it being connected to the modem? (unplug the router from the modem, connect with your phone, plug the router back into the modem)[/QUOTE]

I'm not real sure what you mean by this.

10. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Strange. Make sure you don't have a security policy set up to restrict an IP range or similar. Also, check for firmware updates to your router:

D-Link Xtreme N Gaming Router

Click firmware link.

11. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

I'm not real sure what you mean by this.[/QUOTE]

Does it still lock up when you connect with your phone to the router but the router isn't connected to the modem.
    Trying to isolate the problem to see if it's a local problem or if your isp's modem is somehow adding to the problem.

12. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Android Expert

If you are not sure then you must be dynamic!
    If that is the case, see iowabowtech's response here!!

A lot of the questions we are asking are contingent upon whether or not you are the "admin" of the router!

Not sure how your specific router behaves, but you definitely want to check the security policy to see if there are any MAC or IP based access lists in place and if so, what are the actions set to take place should an unauthorized device connect.

13. Sharpe Man

Sharpe Man Member

I am still using the factory firmware on the router. I went to the dlink forums when i got the router and everybody hated the newer firmware and said not to do it because it couldn't be rolled back.

I will try to test the router by itself tonight. The router usually comes back on after it sits overnight. But since the wife needed to get baco online ASAP, I rebooted it. Also, I'll see if there is any security issues with the ranges.
    Thanks for the replies!

14. elguapo

elguapo Newbie

I just started having this same problem about a month ago, when I updated to 2.2. I'm not sure if the update has anything to do with my issue or if it's just a coincidence, but, about once a week, the INC will stop connecting to my network. My INC says it can see the network and that it's connected by all attempts to connect "time out." Sometimes this will tie-up my router and nothing else will work (laptop, other wifis) and sometimes just the INC will stop working but everything else is fine. Resetting the router usually fixes the issue. Here is the error from my routers log:

UPnP renew entry 255.255.255.255 <-> 66.61.81.231:648 <-> 191.169.2.195:648 UDP timeout:-1 'Teredo'

This is logged every time the INC tries to connect to the router.

Other info: The router is a smcwgbr14-n with the most recent firmware, my IP is static.

Any suggestions would be great!

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews