1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root DInc keeps needing to be reactivated

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by YankeeDudeL, Apr 30, 2011.

1. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    It's a never ending string of probs with the DIncs on my line. My g/f (who has officially proclaimed hate for her phone and root) dropped her phone into my lap last night and simply said "Fix it."

Apparently it kept rebooting and then wouldn't turn back on. I did a battery pull, left it out for a couple mins, reinserted it, and then needed to activate it (I also had to do this to my mother's DInc a couple months ago, which is not rooted). Ok, phone is back online, but now it's not getting a 3G signal at all. I switch airplane mode on and off, nothing. I turn WiFi on and off. Still nothing. Nothing I do get's it to come back on. And now today, she tries to make a call, and she gets a message from Verizon saying that service is temporarily disabled. However, she can text.

Now, I've noticed issues dropping 3G with my Droid, and my mother has had trouble getting on the internet. I know Verizon has had trouble with their 4G network, but I haven't heard any mention of 3G. Also, the last update they rolled out saw 4G go to every market surrounding us but ours. And I have it on good authority that 4G is coming to my area by this summer. Perhaps the issue is related to Verizon prepping our towers for 4G, and the 4G issue is reflecting upon us? Perhaps that's too much wishful thinking.

So, anyone got any input?

Advertisement

2. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Apparently, it can receive calls, send and receive messages, but when it tries to dial out, a Verizon messages comes on saying that it's having trouble authenticating the phone. I've called Verizon and they wanted me to do go into an edit mode, which it wouldn't allow. I'm thinking I'm going to have to bring it into the store. But first, I'm gonna do a full wipe and see if flashing a new ROM works.