• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dinc to Dinc2 Migration

I've had an Incredible for several months and my wife has a plain old Samsung something that is several years old. She has decided to move to a smartphone, so the plan is to give her my DInc and get a new DInc2 for myself. What is involved in getting the phone numbers changed so that her number moves to my DInc and mine ends up on the DInc2? How do I get the apps that I've installed on the DInc (both free and purchased) moved to the DInc2?

--Jim--

I've had an Incredible for several months and my wife has a plain old Samsung something that is several years old. She has decided to move to a smartphone, so the plan is to give her my DInc and get a new DInc2 for myself. What is involved in getting the phone numbers changed so that her number moves to my DInc and mine ends up on the DInc2? How do I get the apps that I've installed on the DInc (both free and purchased) moved to the DInc2?

--Jim--

Go to a VZW store and they will get the phone numbers set for you. As for the paid apps, they will be waiting for you in the app store on your new devise. The free apps you will need to find and install again ... I would recommend an app called App Brain, it will keep track of your apps for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones