1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dinc with electrical shock lose internal storage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ocrepmex1, Dec 17, 2013.

1. ocrepmex1

ocrepmex1 Lurker

Hello peole.

My english is not good but I will try to explain this.

Two months ago I was playing with my Dinc charging it at same time. My house had a electrical shock due a electrical storm. In that moment my phone said "I will shut down".

After that I tried to turned on again and just obtain a White screen with HTC logo. I pressed PWR+VOLDWN to try to recovery but an horrible message was putted on screen "PB31IMG.ZIP" and other file missed.

I spend almost 2 months in research what happened and now this is the situation...

I followed this post http://androidforums.com/incredible...ot-unlock-downgrade-achieve-s-off-htcdev.html
    IT SAVE MY PHONE. NOW I AM WORKING WITH FLOYO. Im pretty sure I worked with Gingerbread 2.3.4 but working is working.

and this post [Q] Help Recreate All Partitions? - xda-developers
    IT LET ME KNOW MAY BE MY INTERNAL STORAGE IS DAMAGED.

QUESTION 1/2 :Now I want to know if I can confirm that my lnternal mem is lost.
    At this moment, there are two types of mounting points

- mtdblock0 to 6 (I undestand this is the internal storage)
    and
    -mmcblk0 (external SDcard)
    --mmcblk0p1 (partition 1 fat32)

Only /system is mounted on mtdblock3

QUESTION 2/2 : HOW I can change /etc/fstab and /etc/recovery.fstab succesfully to make an upgrade to gingerbread? the problem is GB2.3.4 and other versions are looking for mmcblk0 such as internal storage (but the phone mount de external sd as mmcblk0), /cahe and /data is trying to mounting in mmcblk0p1 and p2.

I will appreciate your response.

Regards.:smokingsomb:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

you should not need to touch the partitions, if your phone works fine on Froyo, there is most likely nothing wrong with your phone.

You just need to install gingerbread through a factory image.
    Just do Step 8 from here:
    http://androidforums.com/incredible...ot-unlock-downgrade-achieve-s-off-htcdev.html

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews