1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Dinc2 Google sign-in error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mooreman, Jun 4, 2011.

1. mooreman

mooreman Newbie
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    All of a sudden started having Google sign-in errors, like every time I rebooted/turned on the phone last week, As many as 6 times per day, having to decipher those stupid squiggly non-words to log back in sometimes taking 4-5 attempts to get it right because on that small of a screen you can barely make out the letters.
    Factory reset the phone and it was good for about a day and a half, then it started in again. Final straw, called Verizon and laid it out for them, they're sending me a warranty replacement phone. Anyone else having the same issue with this phone? If you Google it, as I did, you'll find it's not a new issue, or even exclusive to this phone. But nowhere have I been able to find a fix for it, and it seems strange to me that it's a hardware issue and fixable by just replacing the handset. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

2. jkmasi

jkmasi Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 24, 2010
    I had the problem one day when I was mostly in a weak signal area. Then it just stopped doing it. I switched back to my Droid X for a while because I can't stand stuff like this, but now I'm back to my Inc 2 and it seems ok.

3. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I've experienced that problem as well with my Dinc. It's extremely aggravating. It's particularly tough on old blind guys like me to get signed in again. Grrrrrrr

4. mooreman

mooreman Newbie
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    Here's a little follow-up.... After I did the factory reset, the pre-installed news app had to be set up again, and the first thing it did was prompt me with the exact squiggly word challenge sign-in thing. This is an app I've never used before, it didn't come with my original Moto droid, and it CAN'T be uninstalled. Its function is to update rss feeds and the like, but syncs via your GOOGLE account. Light bulb....... My thinking is that this may be what is causing that problem, and I have not had the problem rear its ugly head since.
    Side note, received replacement Dinc2 via FedEx (which, btw, is a refurb and NOT a new unit. No surprise there) and after swapping sim/sd cards and battery to new phone, booting and starting activation process, it was immediately obvious to me that the speaker was blown and sounded horrible. I abandoned trying to activate it and sent it back. After that is when I started messing with my original phone and discovered the news app thing. I'd much prefer to keep my original phone that I paid retail for instead of sending it in trade for a refurb unit which was definitely not of like quality. I was suspicious from the start that this was a hardware issue and not software, and in my opinion this settles it. My phone has been operating normally now and I'm glad I didn't send it in now. Hope this helps somebody.