1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dinc2 sim card in Nexus 7? VZW

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skystitt, Dec 25, 2012.

1. skystitt

skystitt Lurker

Would the sim card out of my htc droid incredible 2 swap over into my nexus 7 and use data off of my verizon plan?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

In a word,no. Your inc 2 is using 3g cdma frequencies,and therefore not even using the sim card that's in it.

Even if you had a vzw device using an LTE sim,the nexus 7 wuld have to be vzw lte capable. And even then,it prolly would not work,as vzw is stingy about using other carriers devices on their network ;)

you're prolly better off trying to use the nexus on a gsm network(t mobile or straight talk if you want prepay)

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I've read and heard that the SIM card of any LTE device that Verizon certifies will work on the Nexus 7.

4. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

Yes and no. Any vzw lte SIM will provide the info that the lte nexus 7 needs to work.

However,not all SIMs are the same size,so an adapter may be needed,or the SIM cut down.

The other prollem is that,as stated above,the Inc 2 is not an lte device. ;)

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews