• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

myko14

Nov 12, 2009
CoMo
So I am ready for an upgrade and with the discount I can get either for under $150!

I know that threads will start popping up comparing the two now that they are both out. My question is how should they compare in terms of speed? The Dinc2 has more RAM (768MB) vs the DX2 (512MB). But we all know about the dual core capabilities of the DX2. Somebody please give me some predictions, or better, some proof about how these phones compare in speed and battery life in everyday use.

Tegra 2 SMOKES the 8655 and the extra ram does not compensate at all. If the Droid X1 was not a problem for holding and using, pick the DX2. It also has about 5gb of media storage, since I do not think they mapped the whole 8gb as app storage (which is overkill, due to most apps push data to the sd card anyway).

Folks with smaller hands and indifferent to dual or single may prefer the Inc 2.

Upvote 0
One thing is Blur is FINALLY competing better with Sense UI for smooth home screen scrolling, unlocking the phone. That was always one of the the biggest pros for Sense UI phones vs. Moto phones with Blur.

What I would also check is the rated talk times for each phone and check the battery sizes if battery life is important to you. Looking at that spec comparison link John posted, the Inc2 gets 6 hrs 30 min talk time. The DX2 gets 8 hrs talk time, exact same as the DX1. The battery in the DX2 is only a lil bigger than the one in the Inc2.

Looks like battery life will once again be a big pro for the DX2. The thing about the DX2, its adds to what made the DX1 a great phone already.

Upvote 0
Just got home with my DX2. Because I live where I doubt LTE will be available for a LONG time and I don't care about a front facing camera yet, the DX2 became an obvious winner.
Couldn't even wait an hour before I rooted it. It is very fast, very impressive. It will take some time to adjust to the different setup and feel compared to my beloved D1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones