1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General dinc2 vs t bolt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bman123, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Bman123

Bman123 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    why does the bolt kill the dinc 2 in quadrant if the cpu, gpu and ram are the same? i like both phones i have awesome 4g and 3g where i live too.

i think im worried about performance differences and battery life...

Advertisement

2. njtexas

njtexas Member
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Hi--I just got the Dinc2--the battery life isn't great yet--but I just posted a thread seeing if people can help me figure out how to extend battery life.

I think the Dinc2 is 4.7 ounces and the Tbolt 6.3 ounces. I just can't carry around a Tbolt...slightly too heavy for me..I wanted something smaller and sleeker..works well..I'm loving it

3. fascinated

fascinated Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    Give the battery 5 to 6 full discharge recharge cycles and it will get better. I was getting a full work work day with push corporate exchange mail on the stock battery. I don't run any facebook twitter or the like...just email and web.

I have since added a seidio 1750 battery and get into the 2nd day on a charge. This past weekend I took it off the charger Saturday at 5am and plugged it back in Sunday night about 10pm. Fairly light data use mostly calls and txting over the weekend.

4. Bman123

None

Feb 27, 2011
    No one can comment on the performance differences? There is only a $50 price difference and I have awesome 4g coverage everywhere I go, I just dont understand how the bolt can score so high in quadrant compared to the dinc 2

5. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    honestly. i don't attribute too much to benchmark scores. its all in the real life performance. there was an article i think on gizmodo or one of those sites a few weeks back about how esasily these benchmark scores could be manipulated. just go in to your local store and see if you can play with both phones. from there, you can see for yourself which phone is best for you.

6. Droid Noob

Droid Noob Newbie
    None

May 23, 2011
    Can't say much about quadrants, but can say they are very close in speed when surfing the web. I don't put much stock in 4g yet. I think they still have a ways to go before it is worth the money

7. stanlalee

stanlalee Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    worth what money, $50 price difference over 2yr contract (insignificant almost long term)? 4G is the ONLY reason to get a TB over a DINC2. If you dont want/need 4G the DINC2 is better sized and has a newer version of sense (though they will probably have the same software after GB updates). I do think the TB looks better especially the backside but it comes at the cost of size and heft. I'm a big ass grown man and dont care but I can see how its too big for many people

...and where did the OP see quadrant scores so much superior to the DINC2? I've seen TB scores anywhere from 1500-1900 which is quite a variation. All the test I see on youtube they only run the test one time and pick a winner which is absurd. Unless it was an average of at least 5 runs vs an average of at least 5 runs the results are likely meaningless. If you plan on rooting they are definately insignificant.,

8. Stealthman

Stealthman Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    This ^^ real life performance on the Dinc2 is great. Thats all I care about

9. Bman123

None

Feb 27, 2011
    The scores are normally a good 400-600 points off from what I have seen and I was wondering how it could be if they have the same cpu,gpu and ram that's all. I have played with both phones at a VZW store and yes they were both smooth as glass. I also knew they had the same cpu, gpu, ram when i messed with them.

The thing that won me over to get the bolt was. Bigger screen, excellent 4g coverage everywhere I go, and the ability to use 4g when I wanted since it is a huge speed difference. I will have 3g on most of the day to update the certain apps I use while I am at work but once I get home it's a whole nother ball game.

The 4g speed is so much faster then my home internet and honestly the pc we have is a turd. Sure I could of stayed with the dinc I had but I spend alot of time after work laying in bed reading. I had back surgery in may and I also have 3 herniated discs so when I get home after work I tend to stay in the bed.

The bolts speed is the best thing to happen in my eyes honestly since our pc is crap, our internet is a slow dsl, and a laptop would be expensive. Everyone has different outlooks on the bolt but I honestly think for my lifestyle the bolt was the best purchase I could of made considering my health condition and our crap tastic pc LOL

10. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    My understanding is that the two phones run a different file system (but they will run the same FS on the 2.3.3 update). Quadrant is a poor way of scoring because more then 50% of the aggregate score is based on the file system score (which has little to no impact in real world performance). If you run the paid version of Quadrant on both phones, you'll see that the components scores for CPU/GPU/RAM are likely similar. I haven't run Quadrant Professional on the Incredible 2 yet, but did run it on an Inspire, TBolt, and a MyTough 4G. They scores were almost identical on each in terms of those components. Incredible S/2 should be the same.

11. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Philosophically speaking, it's good to have such fine choices. A few years back, the only option fr Verizon were non-touch screen BB's, WM phones and Palm phones, all with styluses. Meanwhile, the iPhone had just debuted on ATT. Those days are over and we now have really good choices.

12. esn

esn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 21, 2009
    construction
    South Jersey
    Unless you need 4G there is no reason to get the TB. The dinc 2 works just fine except some signal issues that HTC is aware of and a fix is in the works. I know that the battery life on any 4G device that is out is very poor.

13. fascinated

fascinated Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    Interesting about the signal issues. I honestly have had none other than the indicator showing 1 bar most of the time indoors. No dropped calls or data loss. In fact, its much better than my blackberry bold 9650 was with signal.

14. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Every phone has its issues. None is perfect, but these are good.

15. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2011
    I remember reading that there was an issue with the Thunderbolt switching between 4g and 3g networks. I don't remember the details so hopefully someone else can fill in. Obviously if the phone can't do this automatically/smoothly it's going to be a problem moving back and forth between the networks.