• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DIR-615 Unable to download any apps on Wifi

phantom_x

Lurker
Sep 12, 2011
Hi,

I got this brand new nexus S, wifi works perfectly until I try to download any apps on marketplace. It gets past the starting download message to Downloading... however the download never starts.

I tried it on wifi at work and it works fine, must be some settings with my router...
I have a DIR-615 and these settings:
802.11g only
WPA-personal
Cipher Type: TKIP
opened port 5228 for my device
MAC filtering Off
DMZ host enabled for my device

anyone good with this router can help me?

Thanks!!

Hi,

I got this brand new nexus S, wifi works perfectly until I try to download any apps on marketplace. It gets past the starting download message to Downloading... however the download never starts.

I tried it on wifi at work and it works fine, must be some settings with my router...
I have a DIR-615 and these settings:
802.11g only
WPA-personal
Cipher Type: TKIP
opened port 5228 for my device
MAC filtering Off
DMZ host enabled for my device

anyone good with this router can help me?

Thanks!!

I have the DIR-655 and don't have any problems downloading apps from the market, if it's of any help my setup is listed below.

802.11 Mode: Mixed 802.11n and 802.11g
Transmission Rate: Best (Automatic)
Channel Width: Auto 20/40 MHz
Security Mode: WPA-Personal
WPA Mode: Auto (WPA or WPA2)
Cipher Type: AES
There is no need to open any ports
MAC Filtering: Off
DMZ HOST: Disabled

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones