1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Dire need for app that allows fixed task sets

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sawduster, Jun 13, 2011.

1. sawduster

sawduster Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    Hi, I own a very small printing biz and BADLY need an app that will help me keep track of my orders and visually show me the status of each job. I have tried many different apps and none - so far - fit the bill.

Basically, I would like to be able to enter a name for the order and generate the fixed set of tasks needed. For instance, if I made a new order called "Dixon South Baseball" my phone/tablet would make an icon for that order and generate a standard task list (created by me and editable) with items like "design", "order materials", "print", "invoice", and "paid". I could check each task off for each order as it was completed.

The app would also give several views for the orders like "show orders marked 'order materials'." I am extremely visual so a clickable grid with the orders would be super. If I could add notes and reference contacts it would be even better.

Any ideas? I'm willing to pay a lot (to me) -- couple hundred bucks -- if it works like I need it to. Everything I have tried so far requires me to either manually enter all the task names for each order, or it doesn't show me the status of the order in a summary screen.

THANKS!

Advertisement

2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Female
    Masquerading as a responsible adult
    Jersey - born & bred
    It sounds like you need a custom app made but since I don't have a clue as to how to write them I can't help with that. Did you try the Google tasks in Gmail? I have mine running with Astrid and for simple things it works well - don't know how much more in depth it can go though since I haven't needed to try.

Good luck!