1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Direct Connect to Camera by USB - how to change default "Import" folder location?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 1775, Dec 3, 2013.

1. 1775

1775 Lurker

I have the Samsung USB connector. When I connect my digital camera to the Note 10.1 it will only transfer photos from the camera to the Gallery app into a folder that it creates called "Imported" and the Gallery app will only store on the internal SD card. I would like to have the photos transferred directly to a DCIM folder on my external SD card. I cannot find any way to change the default directory for Gallery when using the USB connector and a camera. :(

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

An idea is to not import them automatically, but do it using a file manager and put them wherever you want.

3. 1775

1775 Lurker

That will not work when directly connected to the camera. The camera is not recognized as a "drive" and does not show up in a file manager. The camera connection automatically opens Gallery and that is the only app that will interact with the camera. If the SD card is removed from the camera and put into a card reader plugged into the USB connector, the card will show up on as a "drive" and then can be opened with a file manager. But the idea is to not have to do anything except plug the camera in directly. There must be a way to have gallery import to an external SD.

4. jonrud

jonrud Well-Known Member

If you do get an answer can you post it please as I have been trying to sort that out for ages thanks.