1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Direct dial & direct message shortcuts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fishphone, Jul 26, 2011.

1. fishphone

fishphone Member
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Male
    ICT Analyst
    Spilsby, Lincolnshire
    I have a folder which contains direct dial and direct message shortcuts to all my work contacts. Periodically and randomly some of the shortcuts have stopped working with a message saying 'the linked program is not installed on your phone'

This has happened at least 3 times including today. The contacts involved have not changed any details and if I delete the shortcut and create it again it works fine. The contacts involved though are all on Facebook so I am presuming its something to do with FB.

Anyone else getting this issue. Its a pain because inside the folder I had the shortcuts set up so that each contact had a shortcut for mobile number, home number and then text message all on one row. When I have to delete them and re-create them there is no control over where they appear in the folder so they end up all over the place on the screen. In order to get them all back in logical order I have to re-create every single shortcut in the required order.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Are you using an alternative launcher?

3. fishphone

fishphone Member
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Male
    ICT Analyst
    Spilsby, Lincolnshire
    Am not using an alternative launcher, just the HTC stock apps for Messages, E mail and official Facebook app.