• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Directions on how to hard reset a Samsung Galaxy Prevail M820

GusLund

Lurker
Jul 15, 2011
Directions on how to hard reset a Samsung Galaxy Prevail M820

1. Make sure the phone is turned off
2. Press and hold the up volume button (keep holding it)
3. Press the power button until it says "Samsung Prevail" while you are still holding the up volume button
4. Hold the up volume button until it comes up with "Android system recovery"
5. Using the down volume button scroll to "wipe data/factory reset"
6. Press the camera button to select it
7. Using the down volume button scroll to "Yes -- delete all user data"
8. Press the camera button (remember this erases all data and returns it to original factory settings.
9. Select "reboot system now" by pressing the camera button
10. Phone will turn off and back on.

If i do a factory reset on the Galaxy Prevail, what exactly does it reset & what does it get rid of? will it help my home key button & search key button to work again? & will it put a lock back on my home screen?

As long as you didn't delete any of the system apps, it will return the OS on your phone to the condition it was in when you first bought it. It will clear all user registration, apps and data from the phone's memory. It "shouldn't" delete user files from the MicroSD card, but never do a hard reset without a backup.

Upvote 0
Hello dssowl, welcome to Android Forums. For the best support for you phone you will want to check out the Prevail area here at AF. Here is a link to that area. Best of luck to you and thanks for joining these forums.
Samsung Galaxy Prevail - Android Forums

Currently we have a new thread in our social area where existing members are paying
tribute to the new people that have just joined Android Forums. This is something
the regular users thought up to give you some idea how the group truly welcomes you to these forums. I encourage you to check out the thread and say hello. We are really glad that you joined these forums. Here is a link to that thread:

http://androidforums.com/lounge/508...ts-first-annual-newbie-appreciation-week.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones