1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Directory Tree App- MP3 Inventory

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by goodwin675, Sep 8, 2011.

1. goodwin675

goodwin675 Lurker

I am looking for a way to be able to check my inventory of Mp3's anytime on my Droid. I was thinking that if there was such an app that would allow a person to transfer a directory tree (with no actual files in it ) to a droid. This was I could go to:

Music
    Pink Floyd
    The Wall
    and see that I do have Another Brick in the Wall.

I know I can print a directory tree but who wants to carry a ream of paper when you have a smart phone. Any Ideas?

Thanks Joe

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Uhm, doesnt the various music players already do that, provided your music are tagged correctly? Go to Music Library, under the Artist section>Pink Floyd>choose the album "The Wall"> and you'll see what songs you have under that album? In fact I dont know a music player that doesnt do that.

3. goodwin675

goodwin675 Lurker

Yes they do list your music but like I said before I am trying to have a list that is mobile. I can't carry around almost 600 gigs of music on my phone. I would like to be able to compare without logging into my home pc.

JOE

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Oh, you didnt mention that the files werent in your phone.

I guess you could try using evernote or springpad if you just want to note them down. Make a notebook and label it music, then a page for each album, and list down the songs in each album that you have. You can tag several pages to a particular artist.

For even more fun, you can also clip artist info from the web using SpringPad's Look it Up and WebClipper, or Evernote's Web Clipper and make a seperate notebook (or same if you want) for it, then tag the artists with their albums.

Basically SpringPad and Evernote are like electronic notebooks. I use them for a variety of stuff.

EDITL: You can do the listing on your PC. Or you can attach screen shots per page to save you the hassle of typing. XD

5. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

You may want to look into Gmote....

Personally I keep my music on a NAS and sync at home mostly