1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General DirecTV Sunday Ticket....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jsny, Dec 5, 2011.

1. jsny

jsny Newbie
    None

May 27, 2010
    so i cracked my EVO screen for the first time in 1 1/2 years and rather than replace it, decided to upgrade to the SGS2...........

a couple weeks back i was at my gf's house playing with NFL Sunday ticket on my laptop and EVO. it looks "decent" on my latop and HORRIBLE on my EVO. so i decided to try her iPhone(sprint 4s) to see how it handled it. :eek: i was dumbfounded. the iPhone looked close to HD quality. i was pissed! when i was at the sprint store discussing my EVO i brought up the iPhone's performance vs. the EVO and the rep said the SGS2 would perform just like the iPhone.

SO....i decided to order an SGS2. i was excited when i got the phone. used netflix and youtube and have been very impressed with the video quality. THEN....i tried NFL Sun Tix. BUMMER.....same quality as my EVO. Grabbed my gf's iPhone just to make sure it wasn't a network issue? nope! iPhone was HD quality..............

i did notice on the SGS2 on netflix,(i live in a non 4G city) once i load a movie if i hit "pause" for 30 sec's or so and let it buffer, the quality remains excellent. while on NFL Sun Tix, there are no control options for the video playback. there are though on the iPhone. so i'm blaming DirecTV on this one. looks like they've given the iPhone developmental priority over the android platform. it's really pretty sad too considering how well the SGS2 plays video. just too bad they didn't implement any video playback controls for android.

has anyone else found a way to harness the SGS2's video power's with the Sun Tix app????

Advertisement

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    Its pretty crappy on my Thrill too. I think it because of our screen size. The native resolution is probably the iphonys screen size.

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix
  4. Cavemansol

Cavemansol Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Seattle Wa