1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Dirty camera lens

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by emac, Jun 6, 2010.

1. emac

emac Member

I don't think my camera lens has scratched, but it seems to have gotten dirty in the two days I have had it, and it's affected the picture quality. I suppose that's one of the problems of not having it inverted, but it's not a big deal. I'm just wondering what the best way to clean it is without scratching it? What can I use on it?

(By the way, yes, I realize it's just a piece of glass and not actually the camera lens, but I still want to know the best way to clean it without scratching it.)

2. Norwester

Norwester Newbie

I have a Rocket Blaster for my DSLR lenses. The phone lens is more likely to get dirty as opposed to dusty though so after blowing it off I'd use a micro fiber cloth and ROR. I use it on my screens too. Its amazing how clean they look with all finger oils removed. Think I paid $6 for 2 ozs at the local camera store and it lasts a long time. If you use canned air be carefull not to get the propellants on the phone or lens.
    ROR
    Amazon.com: Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster Large (Black):

3. dvrcowboy

dvrcowboy Newbie

I've had the same problem as well. My fix is a 50/50 alcohol/water mix and a lens cloth. so far this has been great for removing all the oils and dust from the lens

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews