• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dirty Unicorns 2.1

Of the 4.2.2 roms I have tried, Dirty Unicorns has had the most appeal to me. The only hangin point is MMS. Flashing Dev-Host - CM10_1MMS with MmsFix+cache.zip permits me to send MMS but I can not receive them.

Thats a big selling point for me, I NEED MMS daily. Wild For The Night has it from the get-go, flawlessly. I don't need to flash any patches or such.

Upvote 0
Thats a big selling point for me, I NEED MMS daily. Wild For The Night has it from the get-go, flawlessly. I don't need to flash any patches or such.

I have tried wild for the night and it was decent. Angry Bean is a bit more tailored for our phones and is a branch off of WFTN that I prefer. I have tried a number of 4.2.2 roms and this one addresses many of my quibbles with the newest JB. It has one significant negative however, broken MMS. I have tried flashing the fix and editing the build prop to little benefit (after flashing the fix I can send MMS, but received MMS show up blank with text "multimedia message").

Upvote 0
IMG_20130405_105519_20130405141415965_zps4db743fe.jpg

IMG_20130405_105506_20130405141459470_zpsaaed8d83.jpg

So this morning I switched to this and a coincidence... This is where my job was today... Think I found my daily...

Upvote 0
Hey do I need to wipe everything if I'm updating from 1.51?

Coming from the Triumph that's what I'm used to doing but is it necessary here?

No i dont think you have too.. The only thing i wiped was cache and dalvik and then i just Flash the Rom n the Gapps (i also flash beats Audio mod) But u dont have to flash the Beats..

Reactions: ShadyBusiness
Upvote 0
Screenshot_2013-04-08-05-17-21_20130408052020411_zpsb3b22382.jpg

Out of the blue... Vvm came through. On 1.5.1

Just thinking.. Last night I went through my SD Card and deleted a bunch of old files trying to clean up...One of which was the smvvm file off the SD Card. Ater I received the text saying I had a VM this morning, I downloaded the app from XDA and called myself to test.. It showed up, I also got 8 Text messages about the 3 VM's I had. The first 2 messages were the ones you get when you install VVM and then the last was my own.

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2013-04-08-05-17-21_20130408052020411_zpsb3b22382.jpg

Out of the blue... Vvm came through. On 1.5.1

Just thinking.. Last night I went through my SD Card and deleted a bunch of old files trying to clean up...One of which was the smvvm file off the SD Card. Ater I received the text saying I had a VM this morning, I downloaded the app from XDA and called myself to test.. It showed up, I also got 8 Text messages about the 3 VM's I had. The first 2 messages were the ones you get when you install VVM and then the last was my own.

What else did you delete?

Upvote 0
What else did you delete?

Anything that was movies, music, videos.. Some old pictures.. The entire Miui file that had ROMs and themes in it. Went into all folders on SD and deleted older stuff... Basically, almost everything except Titanium, photos, and some ROM folders. You think it was that I had a clean card, free from previous data/files?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones