1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disable 1X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by death2twitter, Aug 15, 2012.

1. death2twitter

death2twitter Well-Known Member

1X is useless on a smartphone. For some stupid reason, my phone clunks back to 1X randomly when I KNOW there is 3G.
    Back on my Triumph, I could just turn off 1X somewhere in the settings, but that option does not seem to appear on the Evo.

I did the *#*#4363#*#* thing, and in there is a menu with a plethora of radio options. I'm assuming that's the menu I'm looking for, but:

1) Which option JUST disables 1X Data?
    2) How do I know it saved the changes?

PS) That number might not be right, it was just off the top of my head.

Thanks for any help :)

s10stealth likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. coco3133

coco3133 Android Enthusiast

3. There is an app in the Play Store that can force your phone to only connect to 3G. I've used it on my LG Optimus V and it worked just fine.

You can give it a try if you want and see whether or not it works on the EVO.

Here is the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mangelow.network

Once you install the app, scroll down and pick "EvDo Only". Keep in mind that your phone will only connect to 3G then and if there is no 3G available it will not connect to 1X. Of course you can reverse the changes.

Also, if you were to disable data on your phone completely, you could still send and receive text messages as well as make and receive phone calls, just no MMS and it would improve your battery life quite a bit.

s10stealth likes this.