• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable 2g phone data connections?

I have a Galaxy on O2 UK. It's via work, and on a business tariff that boasts unlimited data.

After a couple of huge bills, it turns out that apparently 3g data is unlimited, but 2g data is charged at the usual eye-watering rates. Phone Bloke is checking with O2 whether they are serious.

In the meatime, I'd like to disable 2g data connections. I can't find a way to do that. Anyone got any cunning suggestions?

Maybe O2 has different billing conditions for business tariffs? I have not seen the "3g only data" setting on Android. There is an app called WiSyncPlus - it does not have such feature, but I'm sure the dev could easily implement it on request.

Android Market QR-code link to WiSyncPlus:
chart

Upvote 0
That's weird... Maybe you have some different contract that might be only for businesses, but when I was on O2 what they took as 'fair usage' on unlimited data it didn't matter if you were using 2G or 3G.

You can turn on 'use only 2G connections', or something like that, so if you untick the box, more chance of being on 3G, but as MichaelW posted, depends on the signal you can get.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones