1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Disable 3G/2G/EDGE (all "paid for" internet), but not WiFi, SMS and calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by purity, Apr 18, 2010.

1. purity

purity Member

Apr 18, 2010
    **Solved**

I just bought my Galaxy Lite/Spica yesterday, and I'm loving it! The only thing I want is to disable all internet connections that are not made through Wi-Fi, without disabling calls and sms.

Is there a way to do this, or an app that does this for the Galaxy Lite/Spica?

**Solved**

Advertisement

2. purity

purity Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Seems like the app "Quick Settings" has this feature. That was an easy fix :D

3. sasaboss

sasaboss Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Well simply having checked ''disable background data'' in the settings should solve this but i found that its not always the case as some apps like weather kept using edge to update in the background even after i checked the apps own setting to only use wifi for updates. so go figure. although the data traffic cost for this is miniscule i still find it annoying that you cant have full control over what your phone and programs do. i will try this 'quick settings' app you mentioned.

4. noworry

noworry Active Member

Feb 3, 2010
    India
    "Quick Settings" all the way :)

5. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    APNDroid gives you a one-touch widget that you can use to turn data on and off

6. Zargon

Zargon Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Have you got the widget to work though? I use APNdroid via shortcut, and that's fine, but the widget doesn't seem to run at all...

7. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Widget works fine for me. When you say you can't run it, do you mean when you add it to a home screen it doesn't appear, or it does appear, but doesn't react to being pressed? One thing I have found with the widget is that it's a bit fickle to press. The size of the 'touchable' area is actually a bit smaller than a shortcut, and the widget itself doesn't immediately react, there's a bit of lag before it changes colour

8. Speedee

Speedee New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I'm using widget called Toggle Data for that. It's an icon/switch on your home screen. Very easy to use, you can see right away, is data conn. up or not and tap it to turn it on or off. :cool:

9. fred-hal

fred-hal Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I've tried a lot of these apps (quick settings, quick switches, netdroid, apndroid etc), but after I updated to 2.1, none of them seem to work 100%. They seem to switch off ok, but sometimes it requires a phone restart to get 3G back.. Anyone on 2.1 that has one that works perfectly?

10. Spaz888

Spaz888 Active Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Ok. I get me these apps: Quick Settings and Quick Settings...are they free?

11. fayjohn123

fayjohn123 Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Dial *#*#4636#*#* call~
    Phone information>>Select WCMDA only (gsm default)>>Press Menu button>>>More>>Disable data connects >>>Disable Data on boot

Enjoy data less smart phone service now for those who wish use it without a plan

12. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Why "WCDMA only"? That forces the phone to use 3G, which seems pointless if you are disabling data and will in many cases result in weaker in-building coverage and faster battery drain.

jefrizinothman74 likes this.